Online teaching tips for teachers
Please find below some tips to improve the quality of virtual language lessons:
- Ensure that your students are able to connect their audio and video.
- Use screen sharing options.
- Use the whiteboard and let your students engage as well.
- Have a student use annotation to highlight a document you’re sharing.
- Take time to promote questions, comments, and reactions.
- Divide into smaller groups for discussions.
- Have students be the presenter and share projects with the class.
- Look at the camera to create eye contact with your students.
- Take a second to check chat or your student’s video to check-in with your students and get feedback.
- Speak as if you are face-to-face with the class.
- Use Eszett’s virtual classroom.
Written by: Luke Mcleod