Our philosophy for Diversity
Our company believes in diversity. Creating an environment in which all feel comfortable and can succeed regardless of background or identity is not only responsible business practice, it is also key to team retention and best customer service.
We recognise that there is always a lot more that we can do in order for our company to reflect our values and the diversity and richness of the world in which we live.
Our administrative team hails from four different continents and speaks 13 languages to native level.
We work with a diverse customer base around the world and our team reflects this; recruiting without any discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or educational background.
Our diversity actions
We are taking the following actions and are always looking at ways in which we can improve this further:
- Appointment of a Head of Diversity and Inclusivity to advance these processes
- Diversity and Inclusivity training for all employees which is relevant to all of the contexts in which we work
- Zero tolerance for discrimination or prejudice based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or educational background and clear formal channels with which to raise any grievances with regard to this
- Collection of data on the composition of our workforce
- Identifying, mentoring and promoting employees from minority or historically disadvantaged groups
- Flexible working to allow employees to balance home and work life
- Time off for religious holidays without discrimination
- Flexibility to allow employees to pursue activities that support and boost their physical and mental well-being including: medical appointments; counselling and sport
- Financial donations by BiCortex to organisations proposed by our employees which actively work to promote diversity and equality in their respective communities
We believe that diversity is the cornerstone of innovation. It drives better decisions, better insights, and better services. We are proud to have a diverse workforce, 25% of our team identifies as Black, Indigenous or People of Colour, 17% identify as LGBTQ and 75% are women, with 60% of our top management also being female.
We are looking at ways of continuing to recruit, mentor and promote those from minority and historically disadvantaged backgrounds and in supporting all of our employees through flexible working and other initiatives to be their best selves.
Why Bicortex Languages?
BiCortex is a leading global language provider operating worldwide. We partner with our customers to deliver expertly-handled language services for expatriates and relocating families.
More than 75% of BiCortex’s employees (staff and instructors) are or have been expatriates themselves and have language teaching experience.
BiCortex’s established and IT-driven learning processes distinguish it from the traditional learning methods of its competitors.